Preferably in just 1 or 2 sentences, what does type 1 diabetes mean to you?

Comments

1. Alicia says:

I think its could be a positive thing, hopefully when people get it they take the positive route and be more responsible, mature faster and keep living life the way you did before you got diagnosed.

2. ml88b says:

It means I have to check my sugar and take shots the rest of my life.
    I don’t want to know what it means to a Jonas Brother fan.

3. mostly sunny says:

I am not sure if you are asking for a literal meaning or a personal emotional meaning?
    My daughter has type 1 juvenile diabetes and she is dependent on insulin to live.

4. Maria P says:

Here is an article that helped me, maybe it’ll help ya,too:http://danistac.blogspot.com/2009/02/dia…

5. celtic.p says:

It’s justpart of me, like my red hair, or wonky eyebrow, or overwhelming desire to smack Jonas in the face for being so irritating….

6. topdolph says:

i personally dont have it but my family does i think it brings you closer though because as much as i argue with them i still care for them. alot

7. So I will dance with Cinderella says:

It means that I just have to do some things everday to stay healthy that “normal” people don’t. Like checking my blood sugar, counting carbs and giving shots.
    to the other person…I am a big Jonas Brothers fan…but I’ve had diabetes longer than I’ve been a fan and just because I am fan doesn’t change anything about diabetes. Just because Nick has it doesn’t mean people start loving the fact that we have diabetes. But to me it is nice to know that celebrities have bad things happen to them to and that they aren’t perfect as we portray them to be.

8. Ashley says:

Type 1 diabetes occurs when the body’s own immune system destroys the insulin-producing cells of the pancreas (called beta cells).
    Normally, the body’s immune system fights off foreign invaders like viruses or bacteria. But for unknown reasons, in people with type 1 diabetes, the immune system attacks various cells in the body. This results in a complete deficiency of the insulin hormone.